It’s Champions League week!! What better way to start then by re-living the fantastic win at the famed Santiago Bernabéu Stadium from the first leg earlier this year.
So, let’s watch the video and I will highlight some points that led to the win.
What a win it was. Some notes.
- Mahrez was fantastic with skill and making a real mess of the side for Real Madrid.
- Gabriel Jesus was so good both at the winger role and as a striker, which concluded with his headed goal to level things up
- Kevin De Bruyne is just sublime. The vision, calmness and coldness to strike that penalty among woes from that spot is to be commended.
- Ederson showed up when needed and that is why he is one of the worlds best. A reliable keeper that when called on making the stop can make it.
- What does need work is awareness defensively, Kyle Walker while solid at times has mental lapses as do other City defenders and those must be eliminated completely for the return leg
- Overall team resilience, a past Man City would have let going a goal down get to them, under Pep it has been different on most accounts. Add that for the return leg Madrid are without captain Sergio Ramos and City have a real chance of progressing.
What did you see in the first leg? Let us know in the comments.