On Thursday the Manchester City Council announced the game could go ahead in Manchester as scheduled.
The group said-
“The council’s safety advisory group for the Etihad Stadium met this morning to review the upcoming fixture between Manchester City FC and Liverpool FC,” said councillor Luthfur Rahman.
“Following the most recent round of Premier League fixtures which have all taken place behind closed doors the SAG has signalled it has no objections to the above fixture taking place at the Etihad Stadium as planned at 8:15 pm (1915 GMT), Thursday July 2.
Manchester City are significantly behind by 20 points as of writing and Liverpool after another win v Crystal Palace could clinch the title v City.
Concerns of fan gatherings had been the major force to have this game moved, but it seems many precautions will be taken.
Now, we await a highly anticipated match.