clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Arsenal vs. Manchester City, 2017 Premier League: Final Score 2-2, Intense match ends in draw

New, comments

Hard-earned point

Arsenal v Manchester City - Premier League Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images

Manchester City drew their third straight Premier League match on Sunday, playing a tough match against Arsenal that finished with a 2-2 result that doesn't help City's title chances, but increases their gap over Manchester United in the top-four race. It was an intense game with good goals for both sides, but in the end no winner was found.


The game started with an electric pace, with both teams bombing forward looking to score early, and it was City who landed the first punch when Kevin De Bruyne sent an amazing through ball to Leroy Sané, who rounded David Ospina and scored the first goal.

Arsenal got the ball and began to pressure City looking to find the equalizer, and they got it when Theo Walcott was played onside by Gaël Clichy and scored for the Gunners. Just two minutes after Arsenal's goal, David Silva found Sergio Agüero in the box, and City's main man put the visitors ahead.

At halftime, a great game had City in front, but anyone could win it in the final period.


The second half started with Arsenal pressuring City and forcing Yaya Touré into some poor passes that gave the hosts some dangerous chances, and they took advantage when Mesut Özil's corner found Shkodran Mustafi, who headed home the equalizer.

City got the ball and went forward looking for the game-winning goal in the last few minutes, but couldn't create any real chances and we got a draw in the end. Up next, Chelsea. That'll be tough.

Arsenal: Ospina; Bellerín, Mustafi, Koscielny (Gabriel), Monreal; Coquelin, Xhaka; Walcott (Giroud), Özil, Alexis; Welbeck (Iwobi)

Goals: Walcott (40'), Mustafi (53')

Man City: Caballero; Navas, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy; Fernandinho, De Bruyne; Sterling, Silva (Zabaleta), Sané; Agüero

Goals: Sané (5'), Agüero (42')