Pep Guardiola and Manchester City picked up three gigantic Premier League points on the road thanks to a 2-1 win at Selhurst Park against Crystal Palace, with two goals from returning City legend Yaya Touré, including a game-winner in the 82nd minute.
The game was quite disappointing from both sides, who weren't able to use their potent attacks to create any real scoring chances throughout the match. But the goals came, first with Yaya Touré, then with Connor Wickham for Palace, and finally with Yaya again scoring from a corner after a tremendous corner-kick from De Bruyne with just ten minutes to go.
Palace crossed balls into the City box in the final seconds, but the Sky Blues held on to a huge result and a giant confidence booster. And now Yaya is back. Life is good again.
Palace: Hennessey | Ward, Dann, Tomkins, Kelly (Sako) | Cabaye, McArthur | Zaha, Puncheon, Townsend (Wickham) | Benteke (Lee)
Goal: Wickham (66')
Man City: Bravo | Sagna, Kompany (Zabaleta), Otamendi, Kolarov | Fernandinho | Sterling, Touré, De Bruyne, Nolito (Silva) | Agüero (Fernando)
Goals: Touré (39', 82')
- Yaya Touré is back. OMG. This is just awesome. And he scored the game-winner at the end. Just unbelievable.
- Vincent Kompany cannot catch a break. Very unlucky collision with Claudio Bravo, and most likely a concussion for the Captain. Thankfully it's not a muscle injury again.
- Palace's goal was just a heartbreaker. Agüero was INCHES away from scoring, the goal was saved at the line, then a quick counter and the hosts equalize. Tough to stomach such a crazy turn of events. But City stayed calm and got a huge win.
- Kevin De Bruyne had an afternoon to forget. Just a very poor performance from the Belgian, but he did get the game-winning assist in the biggest moment of the game. That's KDB for you, ladies and gentlemen.
- Seriously, Yaya is back. Yaya is love, Yaya is life.