UPDATE: Kompany has not only been declared fit but he's apparently going to start tomorrow.
So how was your international break? Mine sucked, thanks for asking. I got to see my beloved USMNT (that's United States Men's National Team to you, bub) get run out of Craven Cottage by Colombians before getting waxed by Ireland's B squad. I've had better times.
How's our beloved Citizens? Battered, bruised, and staring head long into being out of two major competitions by Christmas, thanks for asking.
Over the next three weeks, we've got seven matches--and yes, that averages out to a match every three days. Here, I'll show you:
- Tomorrow vs. Swansea (H)
- Tuesday vs. Bayern (H)
- Next Sunday vs. Southampton (A)
- The following Wednesday vs. Sunderland (A)
- 12/6 Saturday vs. Everton (H)
- 12/10 Wednesday vs. Roma (A)
- 12/13 Saturday vs. Leicester City (A)
- Kompany has a calf injury but is back in training and thought to be 50/50 for tomorrow. UPDATE: Ian Cheeseman is reporting Kompany as fit for tomorrow.
- ilva is still recovering from an injured knee he got while playing an early round COC match (not that I'm bitter). He is also back in training but thought to be less than 50/50 for tomorrow.
- Dzeko and Kolarov have--take a guess now--calf injuries. Both are out until at least next month.
- Nastasic is, as always, in "who the hell knows" territory. You ever think we're the only ones who wonder about Nastasic? Fans ask about him all the time but nary a word from the club, the players or hell, even Nastasic. What I'm struggling with, other than the weirdness of it all, is if there has ever been a comparable situation. Find me a time where a young player who had a really solid debut season just disappears within the club with nary a word, not even from the player himself. You can't.
- Insanely fortunate on free kicks last season which likely won't (and isn't) happening again.
- No longer a box-to-box mid and should be considered an offensive threat only
- Still one helluva an offensive threat and
- Has at least two years of effective attacking play left in him.