Here's the bad news. On the plus side, Nastasic is 'working normally' with the team and might start.
So, let's review:
- Kompany: See you in late September
- Nastasic: Banged up with an ankle injury, not that those ever recur.
- Lescott: Still slow, still gives up the ball and has to play on the left side, period.
- Javi Garcia: Still Javi Garcia.
- Richards: Hamstring trouble.
- Boyata: Not ready.
I bow to no one in my respect for Manuel Pellegrini's power of positive mojo that prompts players to reach peak performance. But that and alliteration aside, are you not concerned? I am. We are one injury away from panic in the back.
The new Five Thoughts Motto: Get a CB. Do it now. I feel so strongly about this, I'm going to put up a poll.