- A late consolation goal from James Tomkins wasn't enough to stop West Ham sliding to a 2-1 defeat against Wigan in their last league fixture
- Tomkins has previously provided a goal scoring threat from defence for West Ham, having had seven attempts at goalthis season, all of which were on target.
- Tomkins has also contributed 8 tackles won, 11 interceptions, 3 clearances and 3 blocks for West Ham
- James Collins won 7 tackles in the game against Wigan, the most won by any player in the last round of games
- James Collins is currently top of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for blocks, having made 13
- Man City played out the longest game in Premier League history against Swansea last weekend, a fact demonstrated by the 66.69 miles they covered as a team - their biggest total of the season so far
- That was led by Samir Nasri who covered a huge 7.21 miles, the most by a City player in a game this season and the fourth highest by any player in the Premier League this season. Gareth Barry followed Nasri in City's distance charts with 7.04 miles, the tenth highest by a player in a single game this season.
- A sensational goal from Carlos Tevez gave the reigning champions all three points against a stubborn Swansea side
- Tevez' goals was his fourth of the season, having had 32 shots on goal this season with 62.5% on target but just 12.5% of shots converted to goals (compared to league top scorer Robin van Persie who has converted 30% of shots)
- Meanwhile Mario Ballotelli continues his wait to break his duck, having had 18 shots at goal without scoring, more than any other player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
- Yaya Toure completed 55 passes in his opponent's half in the game against Swansea, the most of any player in the last round of games and the 10th highest overall for a single game
West Ham v City: Stat hit
Some of the key stats ahead of today's game