City will look to bounce back from midweek disappointment at a ground where they have enjoyed success in recent times, notably last season when Edin Dzeko's late winner earned a vital three points.
Here are the numbers ahead of the game:
- The Manchester City players covered a total of 116,020m (72.09miles) during their 2-0 win against Everton last weekend.
- Gareth Barry was the Manchester City player to cover the most ground (12,061m/7.49miles) during the game against Everton, followed by David Silva (11,297m/7.02miles) and Gael Clichy (11,234m/6.98miles).
- Silva was the Manchester City player who was measured at the fastest top speed (11.495 metres per second/25.71MPH) against Everton
- The Blackburn Rovers players covered a total of 107,674m (66.91miles) during last weekend's 3-1 loss at Newcastle United. This was 5,095m less than the total distance covered by the Newcastle players during the game.
- Steven Nzonzi was the Blackburn Rovers player to cover the most ground (11,573m/7.19miles) against Newcastle, followed by Jason Lowe (11,160m/6.93miles) and David Hoilett (10,902m/6.77miles) Lowe was the Blackburn Rovers player who was measured at the fastest top speed (11.50 metres per second/25.72MPH against Newcastle.
- Manchester City players occupy five of the top 12 places on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, including the centre back partners Vincent Kompany and Joleon Lescott Between Kompany and Lescott, they have committed only 13 fouls in the Barclays Premier League this season, an average of one foul every 44minutes 5seconds for the partnership.
- Kompany has won each of the 13 tackles he has entered in to this season while Lescott also has a 100% tackling record, having won the five he has made Kompany has made eight clearances to Lescott's nine and also 11 blocks to Lescott's six.
- Canadian David Hoilett is the Blackburn Rovers player currently ranked highest on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, climbing 28 places this week to sit in 52nd place Hoilett has three assists for Rovers this season, behind only Ashley Young of Manchester United who has six, and the Manchester City duo of David Silva and Samir Nasri with four assists each.