City remain in Cup action today, this time the FA Cup with the home reply against Notts County following the 1-1 draw a couple of weeks ago.
City are of course in the strange position of playing a fourth round replay on fifth round weekend, knowing that a win will see them host Aston Villa in round five and also know their potential quarter-final opponents (the draw will be made after today's game is over).
There are on or two injury worries surrounding the squad, but much like the replay against Leicester, home advantage should be enough to see City go through. Just to generate some additional confidence: City have not lost to Notts County in ten meetings now and have only exited the FA Cup to lower league opposition once since 1963 - to County's city rivals Nottingham Forest in 2008.
Here are some links to see you through a Sunday morning and as usual comment away below and follow my Twitter updates.
- Ian Herbert has a refreshing profile of Mario Balotelli. [The Independent]
- Notts County manager Paul Ince discussed the game. [The Guardian]
- Brian Kidd feels Edin Dzeko is coming to the boil. [MEN]
- Michael Johnson is only weeks away from making his long awaited return to the side. [MEN]
- And Aris were left red faced when it was discovered quite who was in the City team picture in their match programme. [The Telegraph]