City return to Premier League action this weekend following the International break with an intriguing fixture at home to Newcastle United, who are a surprising challenger at the top end of the table so far in 2011/12.
Ahead of the game here are all of the numbers:
- Manchester City boast the four most shot-happy players in the league, with Mario Balotelli (16 mins 8 seconds), Carlos Tevez (16mins 40 seconds), Edin Dzeko (18 mins 30 seconds) and Sergio Aguero (19 mins 2 seconds) the top four players in the league for minutes per shot at goal.
- Man City have two of the top five players in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, with David Silva ranked third and Edin Dzeko ranked fourth. They also dominate the team of the season, with Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, Vincent Kompany, Silva, and Yaya Toure selected in their respective positions.
- David Silva scored his fourth of the season against QPR, and has also contributed 7 assists (more than any other player in the Barclays Premier League).
- Ryan Taylor scored his second goal of the season in Newcastle's last outing, and also broke through 120km of ground covered in the Newcastle cause this season. Only seven other players have achieved this feat this season, including Taylor's team mate Yohan Cabaye.
- Newcastle have out run their opponents in eight of their eleven games so far this season, including their last outing against Everton where Newcastle covered 111,076 metres compared to Everton's 105,663 metres. Danny Guthrie covered most ground in that game, with 11,326 metres.