clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Friday transfer round up - a busy morning

A busy day news wise so far, with a further bid for Roque Santa Cruz being rejected by Blackburn. Mark Hughes said of the bid:
"Yesterday afternoon we put an improved bid in for Roque
Santa Cruz that was rejected, (the bid) an improvement. "We have to make a
decision on that and the window is open until the second so we’ve got time if we
decide to do that."

What could be in our favour is that it is being reported that Blackburn are hoping to land either Peter Crouch or El-Hadj Diouf which could signal Santa Cruz's exit from the club.

No further progress on Shay Given, but again, Hughes confirmed their has been a bid lodged:
"The situation with Newcastle is that obviously we’ve put in
a bid for Shay Given and we haven’t had an update on that.
"I’ve said
I’m looking to bring in an experienced keeper and he ticks the box in that
respect. Whether or not the deal happens we’ll have to wait and see."

Furthermore to this, it has been reported that Given has failed to show for training this morning at newcastle.

A couple of players linked with oves out of the club with Fulham being turned down with their bid to take Felipe Caicedo on loan for the remainder of the season, whilst out of favour Jo has been linked with a move to surprise Bundesliga outfit Hoffenheim.