A quick stat hit ahead of the game today, which, if City win will heap the pressure on Tottenham who go up against Blackpool later in the day:
- Everton have won six of the last seven games between the two sides.
- Everton have only failed to score in one of the last 14 Premier League meetings with City, but have failed to score more than twice during this time.
- When scoring first, Everton post a record of W10 D5 L1, but have only one win (W1 D8 L8) when falling behind.
- Everton are most likely to score between minutes 31-45 and 76-90 (13 apiece) and most likely to concede between mins 61-75 (14).
- Everton have made more successful crosses from open play (173) than any other side and are more likely to hit long balls (averaging 69/420 per game) than City, who average 430 short passes per game (out of a total of 510).
- Tim Cahill has opened the scoring in three of the last four games he has started against City.
- Everton have W3 D2 L1 of their past six home games.
- City's win at Blackburn arrested a run of three successive away defeats.
- They will however, be bidding to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time this season.
- Nine of City's wins this season have come by a one-goal margin.
- City have scored eight deflected goals this season, the most in the Premier League.
- City are most likely to score between minutes 1-15 and 61-75 (12 each) and concede between minutes 76-90 (11).
- City have dropped just nine points when scoring first this season, but have taken only four points when falling behind.
- City have scored just two headed goals in the Premier League this season; no side have managed fewer.
Do comment away below, and also check out SBNation's Everton blog, RBMersey.